About DeKalb Eastern Schools
Welcome to DeKalb Eastern Schools...where our mission is provide all students with the skills necessary to adapt intellectually and socially to their changing environment. While our teachers, administrators, and staff are on the front lines, we invite and encourage parents and the community to partner with us in this endeavor.
The DeKalb County Eastern Community School District is located in Butler, Indiana, and includes three schools that serve more than 1,400 students in grades K-12. Butler is a friendly, cooperative, wholesome place for children to grow and learn. It offers the best of both rural and metropolitan lifestyles. Several lake communities are only minutes away, and Indiana's second largest city, Fort Wayne, is located about 45 minutes south of Butler.
DeKalb Eastern students come from our own community, as well as surrounding communities that have students who quality for transfer tuition. Read more about our open enrollment policy.
Our average class size is smaller than some nearby public school systems. A student to teacher ratio of 11:1 gives DeKalb Eastern Schools a close, friendly relationship between students and staff. As a result, our dedicated faculty and staff have a greater opportunity to know students by name and have the time to meet their individual needs.
DeKalb Eastern combines a rural atmosphere, excellent staff involvement, varied course offerings, high standards of academic excellence, and strong community involvement to give your child what he or she deserves: a caring, friendly environment in which to learn and grow.
We work hard to provide opportunities for your student to explore, grow, and prepare for his or her future. We value the support of involved parents, families, and a hard working community.
Academically, we offer a wide range of enrichment opportunities and the resources to explore topics of interest, including:
- Math courses up to and including calculus
- Science classes in biology, chemistry, physiology, and physics
- Classes in English ranging from American literature and composition to communications and drama
- Advanced Placement (AP) and dual credit courses through online curriculum with established state universities and colleges
- Variety of electives, such as art, industrial technology, AutoCAD, business, family and consumer sciences, foreign languages, and marketing
- A wide range of advanced vocational offerings through the Four County Vocation Association
- Customized education tracks for special needs students in all levels (K-12)
- Extracurricular athletic activities, such as football, volleyball, cross-country, basketball, wrestling, track, baseball, softball, and soccer
- A music department that offers concert, marching, pep, and jazz bands, as well as vocal choir, ensembles, and junior high and senior high show choirs
- A variety of clubs and events that satisfy a wide range of student interests and learning opportunities, including yearbook staff, National Honor Society, student council, Interact, Amnesty International, French club, Spanish club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, school plays and musicals, and more
- Opportunities for parents and community to be involved and support their students, such as athletic boosters, attendance at sporting events, concerts, theatrical and music programs, and board meetings
...and many other activities that enrich the students as a whole.
Our closely involved community demonstrates their dedication and support for education. ...attest to the proud and caring attitude found at DeKalb Eastern.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.