As trustees for the community's schools, the board is responsible and accountable for vision, structure, advocacy, and accountability. Specifically, the board's functions lie in the following areas:
- Adopting policy.
- Planning and assessing short and long-term goals.
- Authoring and reviewing the District's Strategic Plan.
- Acting as a liaison between the community and the District.
- Hiring and evaluating the superintendent.
- Advocating for students, the District, and public education.
- Approving a budget that reflects the priorities of the District and community through responsible use of monies.
- Advocating for appropriate state and national educational salaries and laws.
Increasing academic achievement and accountability for every student is the primary goal of the school board and the District. Each school develops a school improvement plan annually to address specific student achievement goals. The school improvement plans can be found at each school's website.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.