COVID-19 Information and Resources (2020-2021)
ATTENTION: The DeKalb County School administrators and their Superintendents are actively engaged in preparing schools for re-opening for the 2020-21 school year. Our goal is to have school fully operational on our official start date which is August 4, 2020. Obviously, this process is much different than past years due to the Coronavirus pandemic. Upon the release of state re-entry guidance on June 5, the DeKalb County Health Department and local medical professionals have been collaborating on how to conduct in person schooling while maintaining a safe environment for students and staff at school. Helping to contain the spread of COVID-19 is paramount to not only the safety of our students but also our community at large. The health department is stating that the wearing of masks during school hours is critical to contain the spread of the virus. This means anyone in the school or using school transportation must be masked except for specific activities such as lunch or when students are outside and properly social distanced. We understand the stress and anxiety this global pandemic has caused and the desire to return to school weighs heavy on all of us. We will be prepared to serve the needs of our students whether in person or virtually/remotely.
On this page you will find current information related to COVID-19 and the 2020-2021 School Year.
While the statewide mask mandate changes to an advisory April 6, per Governor Holcomb's announcement, schools are still required to continue implementing mask mandates throughout at least the end of the current 2020-21 school year, including summer school. The DeKalb County Eastern Community School District would like to thank everyone for their continued diligence in following local, state, and federal guidelines this school year.
- Reentry Informational Videos
- District Reentry Information
- Parent Letters
- Additional Resources
- District Covid-19 News
Reentry Informational Videos
- COVID-19 screening tool for parents
- COVID-19 Fact Sheet
- Proper mask wearing tips
- Difference between quarantine vs. isolation
- Tips to help slow the spread
School Specific Information
- Eastside Daily Schedule
- Eastside Reopen Information
- Eastside Remote Learning Contract
- Eastside Remote Learners Information
- Our customized face masks have arrived. Monday will be our last full day using disposable masks. When students arrive Tuesday morning and throw their disposable masks away they will receive a numbered grey mask assigned to them. They will wear this grey mask throughout the day on Tuesday, on the bus if riding, and bring back the following day, Wednesday. On Wednesday morning, students will turn in their grey mask (to get laundered) for a green mask with the same individualized number. Next day, Thursday, the same pattern will occur with the black mask. Friday we will restart the cycle with the grey masks.
- August 4, 2020: To begin the school year all students and staff will be provided disposable face masks, daily. On day one students will be given a disposable mask upon entering the school (some will already have a mask from the bus). At the end of the day they will exit with this mask and wear it as they return to school the following morning. That morning, day two, they will throw their disposable mask away and be reissued a new disposable mask. This cycle will reoccur until the individualized cloth masks arrive, estimated couple weeks. Once the cloth masks arrive we will begin a similar rotation cycle. Attached is a sneak peek of our soon arriving cloth masks.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.