Bus transportation is a privilege. Parents of students who ride buses should make a periodic review of the bus rules and regulations with their children. Proper discipline on school buses is extremely important for the safety of all the children.
- Any driver may assign a seat to any pupil.
- Standing or changing seats while the bus is in motion is not allowed.
- Loud or profane language or indecent conduct shall not be tolerated.
- Pupils shall not be allowed to tease, scuffle, trip, hold, hit or hold their hands, feet, or body in any objectionable manner.
- No windows or doors will be opened or closed except by the driver's permission.
- No pupils shall enter or leave the bus until it has come to a full stop and the door is opened by the driver.
- Pupils should be waiting at the boarding station when the bus arrives.
- No student will be permitted to deface or vandalize school property.
- Upon the driver's recommendation, following due process, the student may not be allowed to ride a bus. Notification will be given to parents when this violation occurs.
- Only school books and school materials in bookbags may be carried on the bus unless otherwise approved by the building administrator.
- Students will not be allowed to ride any other than their assigned bus unless written permission from their parents receives an okay in the office.
- No pets will be allowed on any bus.
Students not complying with stated guidelines will be given a bus citation. Depending on the severity of the offense, the citation could include any of the following steps:
- Removal from the bus until a meeting is held between the parents, driver, principal, and student.
- Removal from the bus until a meeting is held between the parents, superintendent, principal, student and bus driver.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.